This oil is a strong antimicrobial oil that can be used:
• To cleanse and purify skin
• To encourage detoxification and balancing of congested skin
• To help heal skin complaints, irritation, inflammation and infection
• To repel mosquitoes, head lice, ticks, fleas, dust mites (on humans, animals and upholstery)
• In toiletries – e.g. for skin health. Also helps against dandruff and warts
• As an anti-fungal for nails
• As an anti inflammatory for painful joints and muscles
• As a pesticide for grain and rice pests
• To relieve heat in the skin
• Also known to stimulate an immune response to help fight infection
Amour Natural’s neem oil is extracted from the seed of the Azadirachta indica tree that is native to SE Asia. It is extracted by cold-pressing the seed, which is the extraction process that preserves the maximum amount of active ingredients in the oil to make it the most therapeutically effective oil as possible.
Neem seed oil is a traditional remedy for many skin problems and is used in many natural health care products. For thousands of years the plant has been revered by Indians and is used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine.
The oil is incredibly rich in therapeutic ingredients, including azardirachtin, which is the most well-studied of the sterols. The oil also contains triglycerides which provide a natural moisturiser to the skin, as well as large amounts of triterpenoids.
The oil has a powerful and bitter scent. If you wish to, you can add a few drops of aromatic essential oil, e.g. lavender or lemon, to make the scent more pleasant!
Neem seed oil is a stable oil and has a shelf life of 12months or more. Always secure the lid back on the bottle and keep the bottle in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
In temperates below 25 degrees C neem oil goes cloudy, the fatty acids start to crystallise and the oil begins to solidify. The colder the oil gets, the more the fatty acids group together, giving a clotty appearance to the oil. This is a natural process and doesn’t do any harm to the oil (it in fact helps preserve the oil). If you’d like to reverse this process, place the bottle in a bowl of hot water (or somewhere warmer than 25 degrees C) so the crystallised globules ‘melt’ and the oil will thin out & lose the cloudy, clotty appearance.